We enjoy taking field trips all over this great country. We buy a postcard everywhere we go to document our journeys. Our family bucket list goal is to visit every state by time our kids graduate. We bought a camper a couple years ago and spent 2 and 1/2 months living in it. It was an amazing experience for our family. We started our journey in Illinois and traveled onto Ohio. We started buying our post cards on this trip. Here are all the places we have bought a postcard from:
- The Wilds in Zanesville, OH
- National Museum of the US Air Force in Dayton, OH
- Saint Louis Zoo in St Louis, IL
- Saint Louis Science Center in St Louis, IL
- Reptile Gardens in Black Hills, South Dakota
- Bear Country USA in Black Hills, South Dakota
- Mount Rushmore in Black Hills, South Dakota
- Crazy Horse in Black Hills, South Dakota
- Buffalo Bill Historic Center in Cody, WY
- Yellowstone National Park in WY
- Glacier National Park in West Glacier, MT
- Montana Grizzly Encounter in Bozeman, MT
- Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman, MT **Special Exhibit: Pompeii
- Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument on the Crow Agency, MT
- Zoo Montana in Billings, MT
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science in Denver, CO ** Special Exhibit: Mummies
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science in Denver, CO ** Special Exhibit: Vikings
- Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum in Denver, CO **Special Exhibit: Star Wars Pod Racer and X-Wing
- Downtown Aquarium in Denver, CO
- Denver Zoo in Denver, CO
- Manitou Cliff Dwellings in Manitou Springs, CO
- Garden of the Gods in Manitou Springs, CO
- 9/11 Memorial on Fort Carson, CO
- Estes Park, CO
- Bannack State Park in Dillon, MT
Our favorite family time is traveling. We love learning and exploring. Our kids have gotten so much knowledge from traveling and hands on learning. They have petted sting rays and fed butterflies. They have driven past rhinos and found new favorite animals.
My son Joshua found a new favorite animal, a Sichuan Takin. He has started to collect any item he could find that is a Sichuan Takin or a Bison. Luckily, we live in Montana, so he can see all the Bison he wants. One of Matthews favorite places to discover was the Manitou Cliff Dwellings in Manitou Springs, Co. He liked going into the Native American homes built into the cliffs. He thought it was so fascinating to see in a community and how they lived. Isabella’s favorite field trip was to the Denver Downtown Aquarium. She liked watching the mermaid show and petting the Sting Rays. She liked seeing all the different types of fish.
I encourage everyone to take your kids outside and explore. If you see a butterfly or worm, explore it. Learn about it. Encourage your kiddos!
Need Some Strategies...